Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Budget

Okay, so I dunno if I should be private with my money dealings and if I shouldn't post my budget here, so I'm going to do it and if it's dumb of me, someone tell me so. But here's where I'm hashing this out. I've never had a budget before and I think I need some help with it. That's why I'm posting it. So more experienced budgeters can tell me if I'm underestimating or overestimating or forgetting something important. And I think I'm going to do a bi-weekly budget, both to keep in the 'B' theme I've got going on and because that's how often I get paid.

BI-WEEKLY BUDGET:
1/2 Rent: $150
Gas: $40
Food: $40
1/2 Electricity: $15
Entertainment: $20
Pop: $12

TOTAL: $277

I get paid around $300 every two weeks, so this seems pretty sound to me. By the looks of it, I should be able to even save $23 dollars from each paycheck. If I was actually able to do that throughout the year I would end up with $552. That would mean a very merry Christmas for whoever's name I drew.

So, most awesome budgeting beauties out there, does that look okay?

No comments: