Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Challenges!!!

I decided that being an oddly competitive person, the best way to get myself to do something is to challenge myself. Sometimes, I put a reward or prize at the end for myself as well, just adding to my motivation. So in the 2010, I will be putting myself up against challenges. Some will be long term (like my first challenge, which will be blogged about shortly) or short term (like getting an assignment turned in on time). I think this will DEFINITELY help me in my achieving goals. But here's the other thing: if I'm doing this stuff all by myself, there's no competition, there's no blood curdling urge to win, there's no reason for me to try. I have two solutions. First, readers of my blog, you should participate in my challenges or create challenges of your own. Second, I go it alone but create a baseline standard for how I should be progressing and then compete against that. However I induce the slightly ridiculous and insane urge to beat everyone else, this will be awesome.

1 comment:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Awesome!! I will likely join you on some of your challenges. I should blog about my 2010 goals. The gist is that I am working on a new goal/set of goals each month. January's was ditching soda, specifically Diet Coke. I'm proud to say, I'm 26 days soda free! Woot.