Friday, February 20, 2009

BOOKS!

I've recently started reading them again! It all started with a classic, "Wayside School is Falling Down" which, upon inspection, I realized I stole from Mrs. Malan when I was in the 5th grade. It only has an A.R. rating of 4.9, but there are CERTAINLY some jokes in there I didn't get when I read it the first time. I enjoyed that book thoroughly.

Then, I read "The Life of Abraham Lincoln", a children's novelization of the life of honest Abe. I acquired this book from Allie for Christmas this year. *Thanks Allie!* I too dug this book. It made me laugh a lot. It made me cry a lot. I really liked it. Especially the parts that I knew the writer made up. Because that just made it kind of funny. Did you know his mom died of milksick? Apparently SO.

After finished that book, I went on to try to read "Freaks, Geeks, and Cool Kids", another gift from Allie. Unfortunately... I couldn't get past the first dozen or so pages. It turns out to not be tragically funny or sad or interesting. It's a study on sociology in teens or something that I really should find fascinating, but I don't care enough to try.

I put that book aside and jumped into a book I loved so much, I finished it in two days. The title of this insanely hilarious, soon to be motion picture, is "I Love You Beth Cooper" penned by Larry Doyle. It was GREAT. I read it only stopping to pee, eat, go to work, and watch an episode or four of Moonlighting (another new passion). SO GOOD. I recommend it to anyone but be forewarned that it does include sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. And swear words. Not for the faint of heart. So pretty much... Dad, you'll really love this book!

Now here comes the conundrum; I just finished an AMAZING book I may put on my list of favorites, but what do I read next? I don't want the next thing I read to feel embarrassed when it doesn't measure up but I also don't want to read drivel. So here comes your part. I need suggestions of good, HILARIOUS, books. Emphasis on the HILARIOUS. I like funny books. So please, PLEASE, leave me suggestions.

1 comment:

Me said...

thats not funny landy. my aunt died of the milk sick.