Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"What I'm Grateful For" a blog post by Caitlin Hite

I'm feeling rather grateful right now. Grateful for friends. More specifically, good friends. And most specifically, Patrick. He is the bomb when it comes to being a good friend. I feel inspired to quote the Aquabats. "Friends help each other anyway they can. If you're in a pit, they'll help you out of it." Pretty much I was in a pit last night. A pit full of pity. And Patrick grabbed me by the arm and helped me out. He helped me get over that boy the best way I think a person can. By fabricating awesomely hilarious rumors about the boy and then making strong cases proving them to be true. Obviously these rumors won't be spread around like peanut butter on a piece of toast. I'm not sure why I used a simile there, but I like it. Patrick is a super rad (another freaking Aquabats reference! I think it's a sign that I need to listen to them more...) friend. He's pretty much awesome. Much more awesome than any dumb boy.

3 comments:

Me said...

isnt i awesome when you find a boy who isnt dumb who pulls you out of lifes pits? that is a thing to be greatful for, espcially when they like rad music :)

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I find that you can solve most of life's dilemmas by singing/quoting Aquabats songs.

Lover of loving love,
B

Jim Hite said...

What's really sad is that the 'Bats are now very old school. Aren't you supposed to be solving your problems to Kanye West? Being very old I use A liberal dose of Beatles or the Cure of Depeche Mode when Madness has Ben Fold -ing me into Cramps and looking for Cake in a Big Country. (That made no sense at all, but was fun.)