Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I have failed lately...

at what? Important things. Like getting up in the morning to get to work on time. This morning I was a full hour late. I think it means that I need to spend more time doing the important things, like sleeping. I've also failed at being funny/amusing/interesting. I'm attributing this all to lack of sleep. You better believe that tonight, I'm not only taking a nap, I'm going to bed early. I also haven't been the nicest person lately, thereby failing to be nice. Especially to Kurt. Granted, he was a little bit of a butt-head to me, but that doesn't mean that I have to be a butt-head to him. So I won't be. I'll be nice. I've failed at banking. I recently overdrafted... twice. I fail at dating nice boys. I fail at having the appropriate amount of Christmas spirit, and was a big ol' brat about it a couple nights ago. I fail at being healthy. I eat at McDonald's frequently enough to notice a difference in the oil they fry french fries in. I haven't succeeded in being a good friend to those who've been my good friend.

But, I'm happy. Even with all these failures. Scratch that. Because of these failures. (at least some)

4 comments:

Me said...

i failed at macroeconomics, and getting into grad school and cleaning out my fridge, and probably some other stuff.


but i'm still happy too :)

and i dont think you're mean. or maybe i'm mean too :) in anycase, i like you.

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Being happy and liking yourself despite/because of your failings is rare and precious, kinda like you.

Jim Hite said...

Be aware of your failures, but don't forget to be aware of your successes. You only overdrafted twice, knowing your genetic background that counts as a success. Being late to work once is a sign of humanity and covered under most human resource plans as acceptable. Never being late is anal and who want to be that.

gabi said...

uhm so is the mcdonald's new oil better or worse?