Monday, October 13, 2008

Wow, I guess to all those people who told me, you're right.

I really am missing my home/family/California. Case and point, today I needed directions to the place to pick up my transcripts. I used google maps and I found the place. As I was trying to scroll down the page I accidentally super zoomed out. I decided to see how far I was going today was in comparison to how far CA is. It took me a long time to get down to Brawley. And with each mouse stroke it took my eyes got weepier and weepier. I finally got to LA and I knew how far that was from Brawley and it just seemed like too far away to bother. :(

I'm glad we decided to fly to Christmas this year. Because that way I can spend more time there.

So, to all those High School teachers and family friends and parents who told me I was going to miss Brawley and I would be tempted to become a townie, and I just scoffed and said you were all wrong and that I was different, I'm not. You were right. I was wrong. I miss my mommy.

2 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

I love you and miss you, too! When are you flying out? I long to see you!

ALSO, I'll just come out and say it - Irvine/South Coast Metro is only 3 hours from Brawley. I'm just sayin.

Mama Hite said...

I miss my Caity-kins! I even miss Snowball lately! I wish we could see you for thanksgiving.

Love mommy!!!!