Friday, July 4, 2008

Major Milestone Met

I JUST DEFEATED THIS GUY!

A level 4 BLACK DRAGON! And I delivered it's dying blow! Pretty much my first adventure with D&D was a blast. The people were a little weird and did way too much metagaming. But I loved it! I can't wait to start with this other group. I have at least two more that I may or may not join. There is one group that I actually want to join badly. It's at a local card shop. I went in to buy dice today and I was SUPER nervous about it all. I must have looked completely out of place because as soon as I walked in they asked if I needed directions. No, I said. Just looking for dice. What kind of dice? I dunno. Should I use my new lingo and ask for some d20's? Nope. Couldn't think of the real term. Just started saying random numbers. It ended up with them asking if they were for my nephew or a cousin. Again, I replied with a very sheepish answer or no. They're for me. Then they practically did a happy dance and invited me to every group they host/are a part of. Anyway, I love D&D. Can't wait to play more!


3 comments:

Karl Hite said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlUsiKfeDfo
just go watch it.

Karl Hite said...

Oh yeah, also.... a Google search for 'jewels and the jester game we used to play' was inconclusive. It'll drive me nuts if you don't peep me the deets.

Jim Hite said...

D&D - a way to make friends, but way to much work for most Hites.